There’s been so much buzz about Dynamics GP Light Licenses lately, and why shouldn’t there be? When you have the ability to access data, turn it into business intelligence and deliver insight to your team, we would be putting our head in the sand by not asking about it.
Understanding and complying with Microsoft’s licensing rules requires some education, but it’s not complicated when limited to Dynamics GP.
What can a Dynamics GP Light User do?
· Perform real-time analyses with refreshable Excel reports
· Access the library of key metrics via SQL Server Reporting Services – Charts, Metrics, KPI’s
· Gain insight using Analysis Cubes
· View financial statements with Management Reporter
How does the Light User access this information?
· Using a web browser, Light Users access information through SharePoint, including:
o Role Center Dashboards
o External Lists
o Business Portal Applications such as Time & Expense and Requisition Management
o Workflow Approvals
o Enterprise Search
Why buy a full Microsoft Dynamics GP User License when you can get a Light License and real time data for under $200? (What CAN’T a GP Light User do?)
· A GP Light User can NOT log into the GP Application or perform any tasks within the program.
How do you know when you need a Light License in order to be in compliance?
· GP Light Users are perfect for a non-GP User who is accessing a report, query, or application that uses the Dynamics databases, for example:
o Executive Centers and Dashboards
o Excel Reports (Smartlist Builder and Microsoft Excel Reports)
o SSRS, Crystal, and other reporting tools
o Visual Studio, Access, or other development applications that produce or update GP data
o Workflow in Dynamics GP
o Business Portal’s Order Management and Requisition Management
o Payroll and HR Self Service suite
Still not sure? Contact us today to get the answers you need to take advantage of the price and opportunity to deliver intelligence rather than meaningless data.